Christmas Caroling through the Foresty Night

How adorable is my sis the hostess?


Her Christmas party at her cozy forest home in Grass Valley was just right...we ate soup, we watched every Christmas movie you could think of, we played poker, we christened the first bottle of their home-brewed beer, and best of all we went CHRISTMAS CAROLING OUT INTO THE NIGHT!

Here's their gnome home all decked out:


And here's our jolly cold-air caroling with mugs of mulled wine!
Addie says her dream finally came true. We sang every Christmas song we could possibly think up, and even threw in some Little Mermaid for good measure.


Darin and I pose awkward-prom-pic style by the tree because, yes, I really did wear THAT DRESS.
I got it at the thrift store years ago and have never had a chance to wear it, so now that I am never embarrassed about anything, I went with it, cause why not?
The bodice is so tight it felt like a corset. I had a total "Meet Me in St. Louis" moment with that.

Addie showing Jocelyn around: did you ever see a cuter pregnant girl? I think not.

Art and his brother Cameron making merry.

Grabbypants' way of celebrating is to plop right there by the fire all night.

Addie and Art's first bottle of home-brewed beer using fresh hops grown in their garden.
SO GOOD! Each bottle has a different name, this one is "Hoppin a Feel."
We want to open our own family-run brewery and lodge someday!

I love their retro-style tree.


The whole house was so damn sparkly festive it was like a Christmas explosion!
We even watched the Thomas Kincaid movie "The Christmas Cottage." Which - wow. Just wow. TK, if you are really trying to celebrate the "specialness" of our good old hometown Placerville, maybe you ought to actually film the movie there and not some lame ass replica. It's really sort of hilarious.

Saying good-bye to the most celebratory person I know.


We had a lovely sleigh-ride home in Ryann's comfy big old Cadillac with Nick at the wheel, all of us snuggled in and chatting cozily through the canyon.

And when I got home these tiny hoodlums were asleep in my living room, joy is me!



And tonight is Christmas Karaoke, can't wait!
Now I'm off to do a ton of holiday baking. I can't believe how fast this Christmas season has gone.
It's actually scaring me how much I still want to do, so off I go!


Comments

boots said…
so festive! you guys look like too much fun! can i come hang out with you next year? hugs and kisses for the best christmas ever!
Anonymous said…
What a lovely evening. Thanks for posting all about it for those who missed and wished we hadn't!! I had a lovely evening too, playin' with those cutie little hoodlums!! Sorry I missed the party Adie, your little gnome home looked damn festive!! You are the hostess with the mostest. Love all my darlins' ~ Marmie

Popular posts from this blog

pretty baby

"I, now thirty-seven years old in perfect health begin..."

handmade homes take to the open road